Q: What do most travelers pack when heading out on assignment?
A: Everyone is different. Priorities are always going to be different between people. Some of us cannot live without their Amazon Firestick and others just could not live without their favorite books. To each there own.
That being said, there definitely are essentials to bring when hitting the road. Here is a list of commonly packed items I have seen recommended by travelers.
- TV (if not provided)
- DVD player or streaming devices
- Coffee Maker/Keurig
- Table top gas grill
- Small vacuum
- WiFi router
- Laptop, tablet
- Microwave (if not built in or included in the monthly fee)
- Spatula, Tongs, Oven mits, wooden spoon, salad grabbers, wine opener, can opener,
- Knives, spoons, forks
- Bowls, cups, coffee mugs
- Mixing bowls, salad bowls, Tupperware bowls
- Lunch boxes
- Cutlery set
- Cookie sheets, saute pan, sauce pot, flat girdle, soup pot
- Bed sheets
- Comforter and/or blankets
- Laundry basket
- Dish towels
- Clothing & Accessories
- Bath Mat
- Plunger and toilet cleaner brush (buy new each assignment!)
- Shower curtain, if not provided
- Uniforms per facility
- Dressy and casual clothes
- Workout clothes and swimwear
- Sleepwear, bathrobe
- Sweaters, coats and other layers
- Sports clothing
- And don’t forget to pack underwear and socks!
- Bring a compact travel iron or steamer and a lint brush so you’ll always look smart for your appointments.
- Your traveler handbook and Workplace Safety & Patient Care Standards manual
- A copy of your contract
- Driver’s license
- Car registration and insurance papers
- Social Security card
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copies of therapy license, credentials and documentation requested
What do you bring on assignment? Comment below!